Purchase this item for our
annual Greyhaven Exotic Bird Sanctuary empty stocking drive. By donating this
item you will help ensure a bird in need gets to enjoy a happy holiday season.
a registered non-profit bird sanctuary. They work hard every year to help
hundreds of birds find new homes after they are abandoned, rescued or otherwise
need to find a new home due to a life change.
We are offering all items on Greyhaven’s wish list at
Thank you for once again making this holiday season
bright for the birds currently in the care of Greyhaven.
We will take all donation items to the sanctuary on
December 24th in time for the holidays.
Year-round formula for all medium to large parrots, especially African greys, cockatoos, large conures, eclectus, macaws and pionus. Other species may be switched to Adult Lifetime Formula after a 6 month conversion period.
- Conversion: All birds should start out and remain on High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months.
- Special needs: For birds that are molting, overweight, underweight, particularly active, housed in a cold climate, recovering from an illness or affected by liver or kidney disease.
- Weaning Birds: Feed High Potency Formula for at least 6-9 months.
- Breeding Birds: Birds should be fed High Potency Formula 1-2 months prior to the breeding period and until chicks are weaned or for at least six months before resuming Adult Lifetime Formula. The amount of supplemental certified organic vegetables and fruits may be increased until the chicks are weaned. For each 2 Tbs (20 g) formula, add ½ Tbs (5 g) certified organic peanuts or almonds and 1Tbs (10 g) certified organic sunflower seeds.
- Storage:Harrison's Bird Foods do not contain artificial preservatives. Once opened, a bag of Harrison's should be used up within 6 weeks. Storing food in fridge or freezer helps maintain freshness.
It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal food products. Supplementation should be limited to no more than 10% of the overall diet. Offer certified organic vegetables and fruits in small quantities; select dark yellow meaty or dark green leafy items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.]
*Ground Shelled Sunflower Seeds, *Ground Hull-less Barley, *Ground Soybeans, *Ground Shelled Peanuts, *Ground Green Peas, *Ground Lentils, *Ground Yellow Corn, *Ground Rice, *Ground Toasted Oat Groats, *Psyllium, *Ground Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, Montmorillonite Clay, Ground Dried Sea Kelp, Vitamin E Supplement, Sea Salt, *Sunflower Oil, Natural Mixed Tocopherols, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract, * Algae Meal, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, D-Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Carbonate, *Vegetable Oil.
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude protein (min.) 18%, crude fat (min.) 15%, crude fiber (max.) 6.5%, moisture (max.) 10%.